Friday, August 24, 2012

Kvothe the Bloodless (one of many names)

I do believe I mentioned the reading frenzy I have been in previously. One book that I've nomed up in the process has been Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind. It's a really great fantasy book and was super addicting; it was hard to do anything but read whenever I had the chance! I even cleaned a part of my room to create a little reading nook! Now that's dedication....

So for today's post I wanted to draw some more heads while also keeping in mind the rules and teaching of these great videos:





He has really great tutorials and there's more on his site here.

Here are my first head studies for Kvothe:



I think I like the bottom most left, middle of the middle row, and the bottom right corner. I still want to develop his character a bit more. This is meant to be him in his story that he tells the Chronicler in the first book when he's attending the University, about 15 or 16 years old. I think he still looks a touch too older in my drawings...

I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series, but am also a bit concerned about the lack of doing anything else in life when that happens. Ah, literary addiction.

Have a great weekend, everyone!



No comments: