Friday, February 17, 2012

We are Strong. We will Stand and Fight.

I had wanted to have my revised portrait painting done by today so that could be my Friday post.. a glorious, year-in-the-lazy-painting process! Unfortunately, I'm still not happy with it and need to work on it some more. In the meantime, I thought I could share some thumbs for a painting I'm about to start working on. I always like seeing in-process work, so here's some of mine. I'll definitely show the finished painting once it's done.




After several ideas, #4 is the one I like the most so far. Although the reference photo was shot horizontally, there was something nice about arranging the shapes in a vertical format. It also seemed to lend more negative space to establish the dark, creepy mood I'm aiming for. What are your thoughts?

But also, let me be real. The real reason I'm not producing anything substantial today is because I am SO PUMPED to see Symphony X tonight at The Regency Ballroom in San Francisco!!! It's been years since I've been to a show--way too long. I know, I'm lame. Tonight will be epic.





A quick charcoal sketch inspired by the awesome headbanging I expect to see and do tonight!

No comments: