Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Landscape In Progress


Today (and the past week or so) I've been working on this landscape for class. Still feeling very beginner level to landscape painting, but I'm hoping that with practice and time I'll gain more confidence in painting environments.

I also came across an October drawing challenge of a wonderful Halloween/October-inspired illustration a day! I'm going to try and get started on some fun little character sketches for that, so brace yourselves for witches, black cats, monsters, and the like!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm happy you got to do some outdoor artwork! I hope you enjoyed the process even though it was super chilly. Have any plans to do another outdoor landscape?

Melisa Des Rosiers said...

Yeah, Kim! We've done one more since then, and I'm sure we're going to do some more outdoor painting for the class... I'm hoping at least three more times. Sometimes for class we work in the studio but other times we all shuffle onto a bus with our tons of gear and go plein air painting. It's really fun! I think I want to continue doing it sometimes even outside of the class... especially thinking about it at Yosemite... the elusive Yosemite...