Friday, July 19, 2013

Vacation, Animation, and Graduation, oh my!

Happy Friday, Internets!

I got back from my two week vacation visiting my home, Chicago, earlier this week.


Skyline as seen from the Southside on I-55 in traffic, which I do not miss, and we were in quite a bit of it throughout the two weeks traveling from north to south.

It was a great time and I really feel that I re-charged my batteries: socially, mentally, and creatively. I'm ready to get back to drawing and work!

In that vein, I had my final review for my Masters in Illustration from Academy of Art University yesterday......

AND I PASSED!!

Oh, glorious day! I genuinely enjoyed the grad school experience, and it definitely strengthened my drawing and illustration skills by leaps and bounds. But I'm also ready to be done with academics and tackle the working world head on.

Now transitioning from there... I was an intern at Rooftop Comedy for the first three months of this year. I worked on some fun, short animations for an original web series and the program has officially gone live! You can check out all the videos here.

I wish there was a way to embed them, but I can't seem to find out how. So here's the list of the episodes I animated (with direct links to the episodes):


I had a blast working there and am going to be working on some of my own animations and interactive illustrations in the near future. First, to learn Flash and brush up on my After Effects!

Since I've finished my thesis completely, there's more work to share in the coming weeks. So keep checking back to my regularly scheduled posts each Wednesday and Friday for more illustrations!

No comments: