Saturday, July 21, 2012

Forgive me, Darling Blog

Alas, I've been so busy that I not only missed posting Wednesday, but also yesterday! School has kept me insanely busy--actually, I need to get my ass in gear and get even MORE work done--which means, of course, bending space and time.

There are a lot of projects I'm working on along with getting some thesis work done, so more substantial posts may be coming in the future. But for now, here are some sketches from my Character Design class. We usually have somewhere between 4 minutes and 7 minutes maximum for each pose. I'm really trying to work on my shapes, dynamic and realistic poses, as well as stylizing the human form.

Here's to drawing!



This guy's a renegade. Watch out.



This model chick was pretty badass.






Liking some of the stylizing of the shapes... and look! The hand looks like a hand!



Still working on my men. Trying to find a balance between MANLY and sexy more androgynous man without them entering anywhere near looking like a lady. Not looking for THAT androgynous...









Viking chick! This lady model also had super awesome poses. Unfortunately, I didn't capture some of her epic poses very well.






Nice pose!




And now, just to show you how much I suck still, here is my drawing of Khal Drogo in the style of Bruce Timm:


Pretty bad. Looks like he's about to top over.... and how exactly is he holding that weakass arakh?

Then my instructor, Michael Buffington or Drawaholic, drew over my shitty drawing.
Prepare for epic manliness.



Badass. Right?
Now to keep drawing and get better!





No comments: