Wednesday, August 10, 2011

And Another is Vanquished!

Summer semester has finished once more! I must say, this has been my favorite semester at AAU yet. Anatomy for
Artists and Expressive Drawing... both classes nurtured my favorite things about drawing--the human figure and experimentation! I'm happy to say I've learned a few things, be it muscles of the body or the wonder that is matte medium.

So, what happens after the end of every semester? Lots of scanning, photographing, and re-working! Uh, not to mention drinking copious amounts of coffee while sitting at home, basking in the freedom of each day.

For now, take a gander at these life drawings done on toned paper. More to come as the digitization proceeds.




The interlocking of forms is something I've heard before when drawing the figure, but this concept really was hammered in and made more sense to me now. Check out that ankle.. aww, yeah.. interlock into that foot.




On a surprising note, I never thought I would actually come to LIKE charcoal. Accept, begin to grasp its benefits, sure... but actually think about using it in my own time?! Toned paper, charcoal pencils, and white pencil.... pretty sweet. Now to experiment with colored pencils as well.




Oh, and have I mentioned how sweet Sanguine pencils/conte is?

No comments: