Monday, December 30, 2013

Last Commission of 2013

The last commission of 2013! I finished a commission for a private client which I'd like to share with you. The story was set approximately 1860s-1880s, encompassing the Civil War. It was a lot of fun to research all the period references and had some great room for character development.

I did a lot of sketching to establish how the two main characters looked, amassed a plethora of accurate reference (thank you, Library of Congress!), and took model reference shots for the poses. Time to draw and ink away!



















I had a lot of fun creating these illustrations. I've been establishing this one-color interior illustration style which I think works well. It reminds me a bit of screenprints or silkscreens with the texture. Goal of 2014: learn how to silkscreen and print my heart out!

No comments: