Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Holy Shit, Zombie Attack!

Hey there! You may have noticed that I haven't been posting regularly the past week, week and a half (you also may have not). I had some family visitors in town and coupled with the intensity of the summer semester there just was no time. I actually have an abundance of things to post, but just couldn't find the time.

Fear not! We have returned to our regularly scheduled posts! I'd like to add another day so that I update three times a week, but I just can't commit to that right now. : /

So a lot of what I'll have to post in the coming days will be drawings from my Character Design class, but I thought I'd give a little interlude of a painting.

Behold! Implied Zombies!



Here is the painting in its finished stage at the moment. I'm going to take her into Painter and Photoshop to finish the job since I want to test a few things but not ruin the painting if I don't like it (ie, add more zombie hands). Also, I am very far from working well on small details with oil.. maybe I just need smaller brushes or different small ones, but when I want just very thin lines it's extremely difficult for me to control it that well. Hence, the wonderful computer!



Some in progress shots a'coming... I was keeping to the notion of working loose, so I only roughly placed in figures and elements with the brush this past semester. It definitely helped me to keep loose.



mmm... blacks...



I've gotten into the practice of doing a black and white underpainting. This helps me tone down my overly vibrant colors, as well as give it a mood which I like.



Glaze dem colors and lots of small working and re-working then...



Voila! The completed oil painting!









I'm excited to add the small details and everything. I may go back and add the changes to the actual painting later, but we'll see. It'd be fun to put up in the hallway or living room... Zombies!

Have a great Wednesday.

No comments: